The STEP Grant – State Trade Expansion Program.
Through awards to U.S. states and territories, STEP helps small businesses overcome obstacles to exporting by providing grants to cover costs associated with entering and expanding into international markets.
STEP financial support helps U.S. small businesses:
- Learn to export
- Participate in foreign trade missions
- Design international marketing products and campaigns
- Support website globalization and e-commerce capabilities
- Pay for subscriptions to services provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce and other federal agencies
- Participate in export trade show exhibits and training workshops
STEP provides financial awards to state and territory governments to assist small businesses with export development. Find information on how eligible state entities can apply for STEP awards to be used to increase small business exporters and their sales in their state: